September 5, 2016, 3:37pm | Habana Outpost | 757 Fulton Street, Brooklyn 11217 | Free | Community Celebration
Back To School Bash 17’
Join us for Habana's 10th Annual Back To School Bash on Monday, September 4th from 11am-2pm!
Dance, win prizes, get your face painted, adorn yourself with glitter tattoos, and create some cool art! The event is FREE and so are all of the giveaway goodies like recycled notebooks, pencils, rulers, and much much more!
Special features include Blue Poppy face paint, a sky-high stilt walker, a Big Silly Guy, Habana’s famous human-powered Bike Blender, and special raffle items to get kids and parents ready for the school year!
Habana To Go will also offer 1/2 off their Kid's Menu as a Back To School Bash special!
Habana Past Partners included
Chess with George Harris
Back to School Bash is brought to you by Sean Meenan and Habana Works.
Huge thanks to our sponsor, Viacom for its generous support! Make sure to stop by VH1 Save the Music Foundation's instrument petting zoo at the event for a fun musical experience! Additional thanks to Imperial Bag & Paper Co., Arrow School Uniforms, National Grid, and Theresa A. Jackson!
May 1, 2012, 4:26pm - October 31, 2012, 4:12pm | Habana Outpost - 757 Fulton Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 | FREE | USBK
Baby Breakfast Every Tuesday at Habana Outpost
Every Tuesday morning from 10am – 12pm the courtyard of Habana Outpost is transformed into a toddler wonderland complete with toys, water table and supervised art projects geared towards children 4 and under. Meet your neighbors and watch your babies make new friends. Presented by Sean Meenan and Habana Works in conjunction with My Brooklyn Baby
April 14, 2012, 12:00pm - 5:00pm | 757 Fulton Street at South Portland, Brooklyn, NY | Free! |
2012 Habana Works Earth Day Expo!
You're invited to Habana Works Earth Day Expo at Habana Outpost! Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 14th to celebrate the re-opening of the restaurant and a day of eco-friendly fun – Habana style.
The Earth Day Expo gives our neighbors a chance to join us in spreading the love by participating in the Earth day program while sharing resources and ideas about sustainable living!
Event participants will include:
· Habana Works – willgive away wildflower seeds that will help support local pollinators.
· The Kid’s Corner – Habana Works will kick off its Kid’s Corner season with recycled arts and crafts and a fun planting workshop for young gardeners!
· My Brooklyn Baby – will give away homemade play dough (with recipe) and sell vegetable seeds to plant along with mini-gardening tools for your little helpers.
· Lower East Side Ecology Center – Electronic waste (e-waste) collection! Responsibly recycle all of your broken or unwanted electronics.
· GrowNYC – Put your recycling knowledge to the test and take home apartment composting tips andtricks using red wiggler worms!
· Green Harvest CSA – Come by for your last chance to sign upfor shares of fresh, healthy food from our favorite local CSA.
· Reconciling Rwanda's Forests – Help support Rwanda! Learn about Elsa’s efforts to support local conservation and post-conflict development.
· FOKUS – Add your own touch to the Earth Day Expo Community Canvas.
· Green Market – Play Jeopardy-style trivia with a chance to win prizes!
· Rooware – Will be selling children’s tableware that is modern, fun, and eco-friendly.
· Shop Green – Local vendors and designers will showcase and sell their most innovative green products and services.
July 22, 2011, 9:02am |
Urban Studio Brooklyn
May 14, 2011, 10:00am | Habana Outpost, 757 Fulton St, Brooklyn | Free! | Community Celebration
Stop by for a day of fun in the sun! We've got a great band lineup, games, food, fashion and activities! Chill out with one of our famous frozen mojitos and an ear of delicious Mexican style grilled corn in between meeting new friends and entering for raffle prizes! Take a peek at what happened last year on this video!
Set a reminder for Saturday, May 14th from 10am-4pm!
May 7, 2011, 11:00am | 235 Bowery, Manhattan | free! | Community Celebration
New Museum’s Festival of Ideas
We're participating in the New Museum's Festival of Ideas for the New City - an innovative, minimal-waste, outdoor street fest taking place along the Bowery! More than 75 local grassroots organizations, small businesses, and non-profits will present model products and practices as part of a 5 day series including workshops, lectures, and exhibitions around Manhattan, focused on changing NYC for the better. And we're proud to be one of them.
Come by our table on Saturday, May 7th between 11am and 7pm - we'll be making corn husk dolls and making bike blended smoothies!
April 16, 2011, 11:59am | Habana Courtyard - 757 Fulton St., Brooklyn | Free Activities |
2011 Habana Works Earth Day Expo!
Spring is in the air and that means it’s almost time for the 2011 Habana Works Earth Day Expo at Habana Outpost! Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 16th from 12-5pm to celebrate the re-opening of the restaurant and a day of eco-friendly fun – Habana style.
The Earth Day Expo is an opportunity for our neighbors to join us in spreading the love by sharing resources and ideas about sustainable living! This year we have a great line-up that includes workshops and activities from Brooklyn's greenest organizations - including the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, NYC Beekeeping, Windowfarms and more - as well as planet-friendly goods from local vendors.
Check out the video from last year, and get ready to kick off another great season with Habana Works!