May 19, 2011, 4:19pm | Habana Outpost | 757 Fulton Street, Brooklyn | Free | Kids Corner
Presented by Sean Meenan and Habana Works
The Kid's Corner is a weekend program that offers free, creative workshops and crafts that teach environmentalism, wellness and community to neighborhood kids. We meet every Sat and Sun from 11am-3pm in the courtyard of Habana Outpost
May 4th & 5th – Water Bottle Maracas
- May 11th & 12th- Mother's Day Flowers! Make mom a beautiful boutique from colorful paper to show her just how special she is to you.
- May 18th & 19th- Recycled Magic Wands
- May 25th & 26th- Plastic Bag Jellyfish
- June 1st & 2nd - Live Ladybug Release! Join us for this annual event as we release live ladybugs into the courtyard of Habana Outpost and learn why ladybugs are an important part of our habitat.
- June 8th & 9th - Old Key Wind Chimes
- June 15th & 16th- Dad Rocks! Make a pet rock paper weight for dad to keep on his desk and remind him of you all the time.
- June 22nd & 23rd- Glitter Bottle Cap Magnets
- June 29th & 30th- Cardboard Rockets
- July 6th & 7th- Nature Collage
- July 13th & 14th- Solar Powered Art! Using sun sensitive paper, we will create sun collages using objects found in nature
- July 20th & 21st- Recycled Paper Frames
- July 27th & 28th- Flower Crowns
- August 3rd & 4th- Egg Carton Bugs
- August 10th & 11th- Plastic Bag Kites
- August 17th & 18th- Corn Husk Dolls
- August 24th & 25th- Recycled Owl Family
- Monday, September 2nd - Annual Back to School Bash! Join us for one last party before the new school year. Free games, music, face painting, crafts and school supplies!!
Baby Breakfast Playdates (season begins Tuesday, April 23rd)
Tuesdays from 10am – 12pm (rain or shine)
The courtyard of Habana Outpost is transformed into an into a toddler wonderland complete with toys, a water table and supervised art projects geared towards children 4 and under. Come meet your neighbors and watch your kids make new friends. Presented in conjunction with My Brooklyn Baby www.mybrooklynbaby.com
Habana Eco Tours